Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tracking the Storm

I drove out to Karl's place tonight to return a computer and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've made this week. I knew there were going to be thunderstorms tonight, but nobody told me the sky would be on fire. Heat lightning blasted across the sky every couple of seconds and it all eventually culminated in a downpour. I ended up driving to Midtown Target and parking on the roof of the deck to watch the storm. Some low-hanging clouds covered Uptown while I was there and the Duke Energy building, glowing an awesome orange and red, looked like it was slowly burning as its light reflected off of the moisture around it. The windows are open now and everything smells amazing.

So color me inspired.

I went out into NoDa earlier to take some pictures for a jumping-off point for some short Cinema 4D art projects I want to work up. I've got this idea called One-Day Designs, wherein I only spend a day on a design piece, from start to finish, sometimes overlapping a night, with half a day's work over two days, so I have time to sleep on it. While I was out, I took these beuts:




Re-realization of the day: if you shoot on a 7D (or about a billion other cameras) and need to open your raw files in Photoshop CS3 on Windows XP, get the Adobe DNG Converter to dump all of your files to digital negatives so Photoshop can read them.

Aside from those shots, I now have some good ammo to work some Cinema 4D magic with. I'll put a thing up tomorrow about my experiences with C4D and how it compares to the 3-D stuff I already know, in case you happened to be wondering about that sort of thing.

Here's a music video posted recently on Facebook by someone incredible I know. I can't stop listening to the song and adoring the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH2efAcmBQM

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert Heinlein

No comments:

Post a Comment