Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Collection of Bits

I wanted to do a quick post to show everybody what I've been up to in a professional capacity for the last month or two. I've had some amount of leftover Pixelfab work flowing in, so here are a few stills from some clients:





This one's a style mock-up for an animation of a blown-apart view of an appliance. I think I'll render an animation out like this in full even if I don't end up doing it for work, just because it looks cool and it would be a good portfolio piece. Click it to see it embiggened.


This one's a (still of a) seamlessly-looping background video for an interactive Flash overlay.




And another animated background video, complete with lens flares and Star Trek Generations-esque energy ribbons. Take THAT one to the Nexus, Shatner!


And here are some panoramas I took by myself and with Karl. I know I'm switching up my already-confusing top-bottom image labeling system, but deal with it. Again, click on the images to see them in their full web-sized glory.




The originals are photomerges of huge DNG files, so each file is something around a gig a pop. I'll send them to you if you really want them.

I worked up a bunch of weird stuff like this too for a proposal:

And my favorite:




Oh, and I worked on some Particulates again for the first time in over a year. Just so you know. Let me move and get a job, and probably prepare five or so comics in advance as a bugger, and then we'll see about doing a pretty serious restart of the comic. In case you don't know about Particulates, it lives in a temporary hiatus here: http://www.particulatescomics.com/index.php?i=65
My goal is to use it as a my cool-down design project, which I'd do with a glass of wine and some nachos on cool summer nights after all of the main tasks of the day (work, animation projects, socializing) were done. Maybe one a week? That seems like a pretty low goal. We'll see. I'm not going to make any promises I can't keep.

Hell, yes I am. I'll start Particulates again after I move and it will be awesome, just like everything else I do in life. You're gonna love it.

"That's a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken." -Mary Poppins

No comments:

Post a Comment